HOT TOPICS WORKSHOP
3 continuing education hours!
FREE to DCOTA members!!
Join online or at the door by check, cash or credit card for $35 and receive a year’s worth of Hot Topics for free and CEU’s.
$35 cash credit or check at door for non-members or join DCOTA for $35 and attend this event and our other hot topics for FREE for a year.
Sponsored by AARP
AARP and AOTA teamed up to create a program to promote aging in place entitled “Home Fit”. It is an interactive program with the intention of educating consumers about home safety, universal design and accessibility.
This first ever Hot Topics workshop will have two sections:
- Training on the community presentations of HomeFit
- Occupational Therapy evaluation, assessment and recommendations for home modifications
- Training on how to run a Home Fit presentation.
- Understanding the basics of Universal Design and how it facilitates aging in place.
- Review of existing validated assessments an OT can use to perform a home safety evaluation.
- Resources on continuing education opportunities to become a home modification specialist.
8:30 am Registration & Continental Breakfast
9 am - 12 pm Course
Trinity Washington University
Occupational Therapy Assistant Lab
125 Michigan Ave NE
Victoria (Tori) Goldhammer MS, OTR/L, ATP, CAPS, founder of Living At Home Consultations, LLC, earned a BS degree from Cornell University in 1988 and her MS degree in Occupational Therapy from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 1999. She worked for Easter Seals Massachusetts for two years as an Assistive Technology Specialist. After relocating to Washington DC in 2002, Tori worked in a variety of rehab settings including Long Term Care, Sub-Acute Rehab, Acute and In-patient and Out-patient Rehab. She is licensed in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Tori is an Adjunct Faculty member of Trinity University teaching in the OTA program.
- Assistive Technology Practitioner (ATP) certification (2003)
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) certification (2007)
- Executive Certificate in Home Modifications from the National Resource
- Center on Supportive Housing and Home Modification at USC (2008).
- Home Modifications Practitioner's Certificate Program through the Davis School of Gerontology/USC Andrus (2012)