HOT TOPICS: Medicare Policy Update
2 continuing education hours!
FREE to DCOTA members!!
Join online or at the door by check, cash or credit card for $35 and receive a year’s worth of Hot Topics for free and CEU’s.
$20 cash credit or check at door for non-members
This Hot Topics series will review Medicare reimbursement and coding policy from the perspective of an occupational therapist. The speaker will focus on how billing tells Medicare and other policy agencies the story of occupational therapy. What makes occupational therapy different? Do you practice occupation based billing? What makes occupational therapy stand out in the more and more crowded health professional market?
- Understand the functional limitation (G-code) reporting requirements of Medicare Part B Occupational Therapy services
- Understand modifiers: what do they mean, when should we use them and the correct coding initiative
- Understand the difference between the Medicare cap and the Medicare threshold and how they impact occupational therapy services
- Discuss the audit and appeals process
- Review the Medicare Fiscal Year 2014 final rule: What's new for next year?
National Rehabilitation Hospital
102 Irving St NW
Jeremy R. Furniss, MS OTR/L has extensive experience in policy, management and intervention with elders and occupational therapy. He is a PhD candidate in Health Systems Research emphasizing reimbursement policy and is the Vice President of Operations for Ergo Solutions, LLC, DC's largest rehabilitation outsourcing company. Jeremy consults with therapists and organizations on billing practices, Medicare policy and the complex appeals process. Jeremy has presented on national and local policy to the DC Health Care Association, the American Occupational Therapy Association, Howard University and has taught in the Trinity Washington University Occupational Therapy Assistant program as adjunct faculty.